Call for Proposal (Local and International IPR Filing Assistance)
This is to inform you that the Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI) through the Innovation and Technology Support Office (ITSO) aims to provide assistance in protecting intellectual properties (IP) generated by the project “Support to the commercialization of 500 DOST-Generated Technologies and Strengthening the Country’s Intellectual Property and Technology Portfolio (DOST 500). Should you be interested, the following are the requirements for your reference (All forms may be downloaded at https://techtrans.gov.ph/how-we-serve/downloadables):
- Patent/Utility Model
- Request Letter
- Invention Disclosure Form
- Disclosures (e.g. Manuscripts/reports/ technical paper); and
- Preliminary Search Report
- Industrial Design
- Request Letter
- Drawings showing all sides (right, left, bottom, top, front, back, and isometric/3D); and
- Photo showing all sides if drawings are not available
- Request letter; and
- Trademark Application Form
- Five (5) copies of the duly accomplished application form;
- Five (5) copies of Deed of Assignment;
- Two (2) copies of the material apply for copyright protection; and
- Photocopy/Scanned Copy of recent IDs of the authors
Additionally, we would like to inform you that TAPI is introducing the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) application assistance. PCT simplifies the filing of a patent application to different member countries in terms of effort, cost, and time. Further, it is a tool that reserves the applicant’s right to obtain a patent in a target country. DOST-TAPI will provide technical and financial assistance for this application.
Please note that filing for a PCT application is valid within one year after the local filing of the patent application. If you have intentions or researches that you want to file for a patent application, DOST-TAPI would gladly assist you and go straight to the filing of the PCT application.
Thank you for your interest!