The call for proposals for health and health related researches in SOCCSKSARGEN is now open.
The Health Research and Development Consortium XII encourages health researchers in the region to submit their proposals for CY 2023 funding.
The Consortium envisions to be the frontrunner of health research and development in the region through promoting health research culture, organizing effective mechanisms to elevate health research functions that response to the social, gender and cultural needs of the people and a governing body that upholds health research results in the region.
Funding institutions include Department of Science and Technology-Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) and Department of Health-Center for Health Development XII (DOH-CHD XII).
Who can apply?
Researchers and faculty of HRDC XII member institutions who have permanent or regular status. We also highly encourage young and budding researchers to grab this opportunity.
I am interested in conducting research, but I am not yet regular or permanent personnel in our institution.
You may opt to partner with a colleague who is a permanent or regular employee. He or she will become the primary investigator of the study. This arrangement must be made internally in your institution.
Up to how much is the funding support?
Funding support is up to Php 1,000,000. However, this will depend on your proposal. The evaluators will deliberately check the proposed budget to see if it is reasonable enough to corroborate the details of your line-item budget.
What should be the duration of my proposal?
Your proposal must be feasible in 6 months – 1 year.
What proposals to submit?
The proposal must align on the priority areas indicated in the 2017-2022 Region XII Regional Unified Health Research Agenda (RUHRA). For your reference, the 2017-2022 RUHRA can be downloaded through this link: (https://tinyurl.com/y2cpf3xj);
How to apply?
The proponent should submit the following requirements:
- Project proposal following the DOST Capsule Form (Link for the Capsule Form: (https://tinyurl.com/y2cpf3xj);
- Workplan Schedule (Gantt Chart of Activities);
- Proposed Line-item-budget (LIB);
- Counterpart Funding of Implementing Agency;
- Endorsement of Agency Head;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of proponent(s).
What is the evaluation process?
For DOST-PCHRD Funding:
- In-house screening in terms of alignment to the research priorities, duplication, and completeness of requirements.
- Technical review by external consultants based on the following criteria:
- Technical Merit
- Data Management
- Marketability potential (for product-based proposals)
- Feasibility (practicability, cost, time)
- Proponent’s/Institution’s capacity
- Final approval by the PCHRD Governing council or the PCHRD Executive Director depending on the recommended total budgetary requirement of the proposal.
For Department of Health XII Funding:
- In-house screening of proposals in terms of alignment to the research priorities, duplication, and completeness of requirements.
- Technical review by the HRDC XII Research Management Committee. In this stage of the review process, the proponent may need to revise the proposal on the basis of the recommendation of the reviewers.
- Once approved, the proponent may need to secure a permit and clearance depending on the nature of the study:
- Bureau of Animal Industry clearance for studies involving animal subjects
- Biosafety Clearance for studies involving genetic engineering and pathogenic organisms
- National Commission on Indigenous Peoples Clearance for studies involving Indigenous Peoples
- Gratuitous Permit from Biodiversity Management Bureau for studies involving the collection of flora and fauna from DENR Protected Areas
- Ethics Clearance for studies involving human subjects.
- Once the clearance is obtained, the proponent will proceed to MOA Signing and release of funding.
When is the submission?
The deadline for submission of the pertinent requirements of the proponent/s is on or before March 31, 2023. Late submissions will not be entertained.
Where to submit?
Submit your letter of request and requirements addressed to:
ENGR. SAMMY P. MALAWAN, CESE
Department of Science and Technology XII
PNHLSC, Brgy. Paraiso, City of Koronadal
The RUHRA, Complete Guidelines of the Call and Capsule Form can be accessed through this link: https://tinyurl.com/y2cpf3xj.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your applications!