HRDC XII aims to:
- To strengthen the system of collaboration in Region XII to develop and enhance capacity of institutions within the region engaged and which have interest in health research;
- To identify, develop, and implement priority health research program/projects targeting identified priority health problems, and;
- To optimize the use of research to help alleviate the health problems of people in Region XII.
- To develop and strengthen human resources, facilities, and other infrastructures for health researches;
- To formulate and disseminate health research agenda;
- To serve as the technical and ethical clearing house for any or all health related researches conducted in Region XII;
- To establish a system for effective sharing and utilization of physical, financial and human resources among member institutions and promote effective dissemination and proper utilization of health research findings;
- To promote effective coordination among member institutions in the conduct of researches in health and allied sciences, and;
To act as information center that hosts electronic collection or database of health research resources of member institutions within Region XII.