The Department of Science and Technology- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the DOST-PCHRD- Undergraduate Thesis Grant in Natural Products.
The program aims to sustain a research culture in natural products to increase the number of research, and later on build a pool of researchers/experts specializing in the field. It supports the Drug Discovery and Development Program of the Department of Science and Technology Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) which aims to develop safe, effective and affordable alternative drugs from the country’s natural resources.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The search is open to all undergraduate students of Colleges of Pharmacy, Chemistry, Nursing, and Health and Allied Sciences who have thesis proposals on natural products in the current school year. All nominees must submit the following documents to the Regional Health Research and Development Consortium (RHRDC):
HOW TO APPLY?
- Duly accomplished prescribed research proposal form with college seal,
- Endorsement letter from the institution signed by the head of the university college dean,
- Soft copy of the proposal (MS Word Format),
- Hard copy of the proposal using A4 paper,
- Certificate of plant authentication,
- Appropriate clearances,
- Curriculum vitae of the students and adviser using the prescribed form.
SELECTION OF CRITERIA
1. Technical merit
- Objectives are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound;
- The study design supports the objectives; and
- The study sample and methodology are appropriate
2. Data management
- The plan for data collection is clearly described;
- Quality control procedures for data collection are in place; and
- Statistical analysis is well described
- The study addresses an important health problem; and
- The study contributes to the advancement of scientific knowledge
4. Proponent/institution's capacity
- The investigators are qualified and appropriately trained to carry out the study;
- The proposed study is appropriate to the experience level of the investigator; and
- The implementing institution is capable of carrying out the proposed study
Nominations with incomplete requirements will automatically be excluded from the list of official entries. Only prescribed forms should be used and any alteration on the form is not allowed.
Click here to download the form and brochure.