Regional Call for Proposals: Health Research and Development Consortium XII
The Health Research and Development Consortium XII (HRDC XII) is now accepting Health and Health-Related Research and Development proposals for CY 2022 funding support. This is made possible through the funding support from the Department of Science and Technology - Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) and the Department of Health – Center for Health Development SOCCSKSARGEN Region.
Who can apply?
Researchers and faculty of HRDC XII member institutions who have permanent or regular status. We highly encouraged young and budding researchers to grab this opportunity.
I am interested to conduct research, but I am not yet regular or permanent personnel in our institution?
You may opt to partner with a colleague who is a permanent or regular employee. He or she will be the primary investigator of the study. This arrangement must be made internally within your institution.
Up to how much is the funding support?
Funding support is up to Php 1,000,000. However, this will depend on your proposal. The evaluators will check if the budget is reasonable.
What should be the duration of my proposal?
Your proposal must be feasible in 6 months – 1 year.
What proposals to submit?
The proposal must be based on the priority areas indicated in the 2017-2022 Region XII Regional Unified Health Research Agenda (RUHRA). The 2017-2022 RUHRA may be downloaded through this link: https://tinyurl.com/CFPHRDC12-2021.
How to apply?
The proponent should submit the following requirements:
- Project proposal following the DOST Capsule Form (Link for the Capsule Form: https://tinyurl.com/CFPHRDC12-2021) ;
- Workplan Schedule (Gantt Chart of Activities);
- Proposed Line-item-budget (LIB);
- Counterpart Funding of Implementing Agency;
- Endorsement of Agency Head;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of Proponent(s).
What is the evaluation process?
For DOST PCHRD-Funding:
- In-house screening in terms of alignment to the research priorities, duplication, and completeness of requirements.
- Technical review by external consultants based on the following criteria:
- Technical Merit
- Data Management
- Marketability potential (for product-based proposals)
- Feasibility (practicability, cost, time)
- Proponent’s/Institution’s capacity
- Final approval by the PCHRD Governing council or the PCHRD Executive Director depending on the recommended total budgetary requirement of the proposal.
For Department of Health 12 Funding:
- In-house screening of proposals in terms of alignment to the research priorities, duplication, and completeness of requirements.
- Technical review by the HRDC XII Research Management Committee. In this stage of the review process, the proponent may need to revise the proposal on the basis of the recommendation of the reviewers.
- Once approved, the proponent may need to secure a permit and clearance depending on the nature of the study:
- Bureau of Animal Industry clearance for studies involving animal subjects
- Biosafety Clearance for studies involving genetic engineering and pathogenic organisms
- National Commission on Indigenous Peoples Clearance for studies involving Indigenous Peoples
- Gratuitous Permit from Biodiversity Management Bureau for studies involving the collection of flora and fauna from DENR Protected Areas
- Ethics Clearance for studies involving human subjects.
- Once the clearance is obtained, the proponent will proceed to MOA Signing and release of funding.
When is the submission?
The deadline for submission of the pertinent requirements of the proponent/s is on or before May 17, 2021. HRDC XII will not be catering to late and/or incomplete submissions.
Where to submit?
Submit your letter of request and requirements addressed to:
ENGR. SAMMY P. MALAWAN, CESE
Chair, Governing Board of HRDC XII and
Regional Director, DOST XII
Department of Science and Technology XII
PNHLSC, Brgy. Paraiso, City of Koronadal
The RUHRA, Complete Guidelines of the Call and Capsule Form can be accessed through this link: https://tinyurl.com/CFPHRDC12-2021.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your applications!